Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back At It! :)

Hello everyone! I know it has been 2 months since mylast post, but there has been so much going on! My dear mother-in-law has been in and out of the hospital all year, but towards the end of July she got very sick and was put into ICU. We were there for several weeks when the Dr's gave us the news that the percentage of her making out were extremely low. So, my husband's family made the decision to keep her comfortable so my brother-in-law and sister-in-law could get home. Anyways, long story short, she passed away on Aug. 4th. In the middle of everything going on, my wonderful husband and I found out we are expecting again :) We are very exciting and really hoping for a girl (but as long as it's healthy we do not care what we have.) August 16th got here quickly and my baby boy turned 1!! We had his John Deere party on the 13th and had a blast! All of our wonderful, amazing friends and family came... Bentley had such a blast! Mommy and Daddy got him a battery powered 4-wheeler and he was/still is infatuated with it... he loves to try to give mommy a heart attack by trying to stand up and ride it haha After the birthday party, we had the big 1 year checkup... Our pediatrician is predicting Bentley to be tall and skinny, but we will see! Bentley also had his first dentist appt and he did awesome! He loves to get his teeth brushed now and he makes the funniest noises while we do it! If all of this was not overwhelming enough, Bentley started walking!(or should I say running??lol) Everything was starting to get back to normal and on schedule, when an ear infection, upper resp. infection, and sinusitis (sp?) made our little man not feel well at all.. along with a bad diaper rash! I felt so horrible bc I couldn't make him feel better instantly... but a couple days of medicine and he was at it again! When I took him to the dentist and dr, they both said he is about to have a bunch of teeth pop through including molars.. but nothing yet. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to be in pain, so who knows when they will come through! All of this, including the horrible nausea and migraines I have had, is the reason I have not gotten to do any projects lately :( But HEY when you are a mom and your family needs you, you gotta be there, right?!?! I joined Pinterest, but have absolutely NO clue how to use... therefore, I just go on there and look at all the beautiful, creative things people post. AAAANNNNNDDDDD, I have gotten some awesome idea's on things I want to do/try/make for our home and gifts! Once I make some new things, I will def. post them... But for now, here are some photos of our sweet lil man at his birthday party!

 The yummy cakes! (by M.E Cakes)
 Sneak Peek of pics by SJ Photography!
 Trying to stand up and ride
 Our precious lil man :)
 He really didn't want to share his cake lol
 Daddy, Bentley, and Mommy
 The adorable shorts we had made for him (4 peas in a pod)
Bentley with majority of his gifts... We had already opened some and there were also some in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment